LAST UPDATED: JANUARY 2021
What this policy does not cover
- Non-U.S. users. At this time, the Site is intended for a U.S. audience only.
Personal Information We Collect through the Site
When you use the Site, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
Information collected through the Site
- Information you directly provide to us and that we collect through the Site. We collect and store the following Personal Information when you submit it through the Site, by email, or through social media, such as when you communicate with us about your interest in Nucasa, request a quote, sign up for informational emails, or otherwise interact with us:
- Personal identifiers – We may receive personal identifiers (like your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, social security number, unique personal identifiers, online identifiers, and similar identifiers). We may also generate internal ID and reference codes to identify you in our systems.
- Communications and other submissions – We collect information and content you intentionally submit through the Site, by email, and over social media.
- Financial information – If you have an account with us and have questions about how we collect, use, and share your financial information, please see our separate Privacy Notice www.nucasamortgage.com/privacy-notice/. Generally, if you are not an accountholder, it is unlikely that we will collect your financial information.
- Commercial information – We collect and generate commercial information and transactional information (such as records of products and services you have demonstrated interest in).
- Privacy choices – We receive and retain communications, opt-out notifications, and other privacy-related choices that you submit to express your preferences regarding how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information.
- Information we automatically collect with cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies. Like most internet-based services, we and other companies use “cookies,” log files, beacons, pixels, and similar technology on the Nucasa Cookies and similar technology may collect your personal identifiers (such as IP address, device and browser identifiers and characteristics, and other identifiers), information about your device (such as operating system, browser characteristics, and language preferences), and your usage activity on the Site, as well as your interaction with our content and advertising on other online sites and services.
Cookies are small text documents that often include an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website on the internet, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookies to your browser if your browser preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent by others.
You can manage or disable cookies on your device by using the tools in your browser. If you choose to disable cookies, the cookies will not be used. However, if you do choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, it may affect the features and functionality of the Site.
Analytics and ad personalization technology
We may use third-party analytics services to help us understand and improve the usage of the Site and our email and other communications. We may also use third-party services to serve ads when you use the Site and/or when you use other websites and services and to send informational and marketing emails. These services may collect your personal identifiers (like your IP address, device and browser identifiers and characteristics, and cookie information) and web browsing activity by placing cookies and using similar technology. See “Information we automatically collect with cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies” above for more information about cookies and how we use them. The third party providers who maintain these services may use the information they collect to provide us with analytical information that we use to improve the Site and our emails and other communications. They may also use the information they collect to provide advertisements to you, to show you content on other websites and services, and/or to combine the information they collect with information they have collected elsewhere.
We currently use Google Analytics to collect and process certain usage data on the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. See “Marketing preferences and opt-out abilities” below to learn more about your options regarding online advertising networks and opt-out options.
Information collected through social media
Nucasa has pages on social media services like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. When you interact with us on these pages or engage with our brand elsewhere on social media, we may collect information such as your likes, interests, feedback, preferences, and messages to us. We may collect additional information from social media companies if you choose to share with them and they, in turn, share that information with us.
Please note that any posts you make on our social media pages (and any pictures, comments, or Personal Information you include when you post) are available to others who use or view those pages. Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is information you are comfortable making public, since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you post it.
Aggregated and de-identified information
We may collect aggregated and de-identified information, and we may also de-identify and aggregate other information we receive. We use and disclose this information for legitimate business purposes.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We use the Personal Information listed above for our business and commercial purposes. The specific uses of each category may vary depending on how you interact with us. For example, we may use your information for the purposes described below:
- Responding to and completing your requests. We may use the information you have provided to us (for example, the content of your communications, commercial information we have collected about you, and your personal identifiers) to answer your questions and complete your requests.
- Communicating with you for informational and marketing purposes. We may use the information we have collected about you (in particular, your personal identifiers, communications and other submissions) to respond to you and/or send you support or service messages, informational updates about Nucasa and the Site, and recommendations regarding products, services, and experiences we think you may be interested in.
- Tailoring our marketing efforts. We may use the Personal Information we collect about you (including, for example, personal identifiers you provide or that we automatically collect, commercial information, communications, and social media activity) to show you content and offers that we think may be of interest to you on the Site, via email, and on other websites and services (including social media). As explained below, we offer you choices regarding the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties.
- Performing customer service. We may use the Personal Information you share or that we have otherwise collected about you to provide the best customer service experience we can offer.
- Providing, improving, and maintaining the Site. We may use your Personal Information to maintain and improve the tools and features that enable you to use the Site, to enhance our products and services, and to develop and offer new products and services.
- Conducting analytics and research. We may use your personal identifiers and other information about how you and others use the Site to analyze and improve the use of our products and services and research how users interact with the Site.
- Other general business and legal purposes. We may use your Personal Information for legal and business purposes, such as complying with applicable laws and lawful civil and criminal investigations, responding to legal summons and process, exercising or defending our rights, defending against legal claims, resolving complaints and disputes, conducting internal reporting, audit, security, and anti-fraud functions, performing general compliance activities, maintaining our equipment, systems, and services, performing regulatory reporting, participating in regulatory audits, performing institutional risk management and human resources activities, and otherwise managing, operating, and maintaining our business.
How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
With your consent or at your direction
We will share your information with third parties if you request or direct us to do so. For instance, if you say you want to be connected to one of our affiliates or referral partners providing additional services, we will process your Personal Information as needed to complete your request.
With service providers who help us provide the Site
We share the Personal Information described above with service providers (including for example, affiliates, technology providers, referral partners, data hosting services, email and other communications vendors, and marketing agencies) that provide services to you and us, including to help us send you offers of our products and services, administer emails, maintain the Site, and analyze and improve the Site. We may also provide Personal Information to service providers who provide us with fraud detection and security services that help us keep the Site safe. We require service providers to use Personal Information only for the purposes specified in our agreements.
With other third parties
We may share your personal identifiers and commercial information with advertising partners that use various technologies to send (or serve) relevant ads to users on the Site, or on platforms or websites operated by third parties.
With our affiliates and subsidiaries
We may share your Personal Information with our affiliates for the purposes described above. By providing your Personal Information to us, you understand and consent to such use and transfers.
Legal and similar disclosures
We may disclose Personal Information about you to law enforcement, courts, our attorneys and other advisors, as well as others who participate in the legal process, if we are required by law to do so or if we determine in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our rights, apply our terms of service www.nucasamortgage.com/terms-of-service/, comply with the law, or to protect you, us, other users of the Site, or others.
Sales, mergers, and acquisitions
In the event of a merger, acquisition, initial public offering, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets (whether by private sale, through operation of law as part of a divestiture plan, or otherwise), we may provide Personal Information and transaction history data associated with each relevant business unit as necessary to perform industry standard work related to such activity and to complete the transaction as permitted by law or contract.
Your Privacy Choices
Updating and confirming your account details and Personal Information
Our separate Privacy Notice www.nucasamortgage.com/privacy-notice/ describes the collection, use, and sharing of certain Personal Information in connection with your seeking, applying for, or obtaining our financial products and services. If you have an account with us, you may update your account information by logging in to your account. You may also connect using the contact details listed below at “Contact Us.”
At your request and where required by law, we will confirm and/or update the Personal Information we hold about you, but we may have to verify your identity first.
If you do not want to receive marketing messages from Nucasa, you may opt out by reaching out through the contact details listed below at “Contact Us,” by using the unsubscribe function in one of our emails, or by logging into your account and changing your preferences if you are an account holder. If you opt out, you may still receive administrative messages, satisfaction surveys, and communications that are necessary to provide to you.
Marketing preferences and opt-out abilities
You can learn more about advertising networks and opt out of receiving personalized advertisements on your web browsers and devices from advertisers who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out options of each of these organizations:
- NAI: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
- DAA: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
When you opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue seeing ads as you use the Site or visit other websites and services.
Financial information sharing
Our separate Privacy Notice www.nucasamortgage.com/privacy-notice/ describes how we share certain Personal Information with affiliates and third parties and your related rights when you apply for and use the financial products and services provided through the Site.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide certain “personal information” (as specifically defined by California Civil Code §1798.83) in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information shared, the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year, and descriptions of the likely types of marketing the third parties would send.
To obtain this information from us, please contact us using the “Contact Us” information below with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. If you are a California resident, we will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Links to Third Party Websites and Services
Any links found on the Site or provided to you by email may allow you to access third-party websites. These third-party websites are not under our control, and we disclaim any responsibility for the contents of such linked websites or any link(s) contained on those websites.
How We Secure and Store Your Personal Information
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of the Site will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable security measures to maintain the security of the Personal Information under our control. These measures may include security access controls or other physical security safeguards, information security technologies, policies and procedures, and training programs.
The Site is designed for U.S. persons who have reached the age of 18. By using the Site, you affirm you are at least 18 years of age. We are not liable for any damages that may result from your misrepresentation of age.
We will not knowingly collect the Personal Information of children under the age of 13, and under no circumstances may anyone under the age of 13 use the Site. If you believe we may have personal information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
c/o Atlantic Coast Mortgage, LLC
4097 Monument Corner Drive, 6th Floor
Fairfax, VA 22030
Opt out of marketing messages by clicking the link below.